Wiki Closing/Opening Wedge Oseteotomies

lucy4132

New
Best answers
I am trying to code a closing wedge osteotomy, left cuboid and an opening wedge osteotomy, medial cuneiform procedure but I can?t find the appropriate CPT codes. There are codes for the metatarsal bones but not the cuboid or medial cuneiform. The specifics from the operative report are:

?An osteotomy was then created in the lateral cuboid going from lateral to medial, full thickness. After creating this osteotomy, a wedge of bone was removed approximately 5 mm at the wide point, which was at the lateral aspect of the cuboid. This was done down to the medial aspect of the cuboid.?
Then, for the cuneiform osteotomy:

?Attention was now directed to the medial cuneiform of the left foot where an osteotomy was created from medial to lateral through and through.?

Any suggestions for how I should approach this

I am trying to code a closing wedge osteotomy, left cuboid and an opening wedge osteotomy, medial cuneiform procedure but I can?t find the appropriate CPT codes. There are codes for the metatarsal bones but not the cuboid or medial cuneiform. The specifics from the operative report are:

?An osteotomy was then created in the lateral cuboid going from lateral to medial, full thickness. After creating this osteotomy, a wedge of bone was removed approximately 5 mm at the wide point, which was at the lateral aspect of the cuboid. This was done down to the medial aspect of the cuboid.?
Then, for the cuneiform osteotomy:

?Attention was now directed to the medial cuneiform of the left foot where an osteotomy was created from medial to lateral through and through.?

Any suggestions for how I should approach this

I use 28304 for each