Wiki CNB (Continuous Nerve Block Catheter)

prattkm

Contributor
Best answers
One of our providers asked a question about Continuous Nerve Block Catheter daily management codes. We know there is 01996 and this reads " Daily hospital management of epidural or subarachnoid continuous drug administration". What code could we use for the CNB daily management codes?

Hello, so 01996 is to be reported hand and hand with codes 62324-62327 .
Injection(s), including indwelling catheter placement, continuous infusion or intermittent bolus, of diagnostic or therapeutic substance(s) (eg, anesthetic, antispasmodic, opioid, steroid, other solution), not including neurolytic substances, interlaminar epidural or subarachnoid,
Depending on whether imaging guidance was used or not. And which spinal region the catheter was placed Cervical/Thoracic or Lumbar/Sacral.
62324- Cervical/Thoracic without imaging guidance.
62325- Cervical/Thoracic with imaging
62326- Lumbar/Sacral without imaging.
62327- Lumbar/Sacral with imaging.
Contact me any time for any coding and or CDI auditing questions.

Email me or message me on here with any type of coding questions especially all Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular, Vascular and Endovascular, Neurointerventional Endovascular, Cardiovascular Thoracic, Anesthesia, E/M.

OB/GYN or Orthopedic Surgery specialties.

Erik Brown, CIRCC, CPC.

Evolve Medical and Lumed Medical Group Interventional Radiology/Cardiovascular Coding and Auditing Director
Email:erikbrown619@yahoo.com
801-530-9586

Erik,

Thank you for your help! Anesthesia is newer to me and when my staff come to me with questions, I have to utilize AAPC resources!

Thank you,
Kelly Pratt CPC, CPC-I, COBGC, FELLOW
Medical Coding Supervisor – PMO Medical Coding Operations - SLUCare Physician Group
Supporting Departments: Anesthesia, Derm, ENT, and OB/GYN
321 N. Spring Ave.
Saint Louis, MO 63108
314-977-5720 - Phone
314-977-9788 - Fax
Kelly.Pratt@health.slu.edu

Hey, no worries I'm quite sure there are a litany of cases which you would be able to answer that I wouldn't being as yp ur an instructor and have many admirable credentials . That's what' I feel is so g reat about being able to trade teaching and coding guidance to other coders around the country via our AAPC. If you don't mind my asking was the COBGC exam hard?? I worked for an OB/GYN group right after I got my CPC and ICD-10 had just launched. It took my quite a whole to get used to all of the diagnosis coding for Pregnancy, Childbirth and The Puerperium. Chapter 13. The complications, the trimester for final digit, reporting Z3A() for the week , all of the prenatal, splitting the Global package and visits, Ultrasounds, and then all of the Gynecological surgical procedures.
I was going to get that credential back then but I wentt full on into IR. And have been ever since but really need to expand my credentials. Let me know if y'all ever have anything related to Cardiovascular-thoracic, Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular , Vascular, Neurointerventional, Anesthesia, etc.

COBGC exam was pretty hard for me. I have been coding for OBGYN for almost 20 years. A lot of it I can do in my sleep now. I took it back in 2006 and I am still looking to add some more credentials. I really enjoy continuing to learn and then sharing the knowledge with others. I had to work soo hard with learning what I know.

Thank you!
Kelly