Wiki Cns embolization with vasospasm infusion

TBAUSLEY

Networker
Best answers
Hello All,

Would vasospasm infusion treatment included 37202 75896 bundled with CNS embolization 61624 75894 for ICA aneursym?

Thanks you
Tawana

Hello, the CIRCC study guide published by AAPC and ZHealth has the following info:

"The injection (not continuous infusion) of a medication over a short time (a few minutes) is not coded as an infusion therapy. Codes 37202, 37211-37214, and 75896 should NOT be report for this type of therapy. Injection of a medication is considered part of the other procedures performed and is NOT separately billable."

I hope this helps as you review your procedure report.

Jean Kayser CPC CIRCC

Hello, the CIRCC study guide published by AAPC and ZHealth has the following info:

"The injection (not continuous infusion) of a medication over a short time (a few minutes) is not coded as an infusion therapy. Codes 37202, 37211-37214, and 75896 should NOT be report for this type of therapy. Injection of a medication is considered part of the other procedures performed and is NOT separately billable."

I hope this helps as you review your procedure report.

Jean Kayser CPC CIRCC

Hi Jean,
For Vasospasm, you can bill 37202/ 75896 once per vascular family, per Dr. Z. This is in the Neuro intervention section of Dr Z. book.

Thanks,
Jim Pawloski, R.T. (CV), CIRCC

Thanks Jim & Jean!

Sorry, let me clarify my question.
Would the infusion treatment be bundled with Emobilzation procedures at the same setting?

Thank you
Tawana