Wiki Co-Surgeon help please!

lindaconway

Networker
Best answers
I've read through the archives and I don't see an answer that specifically addresses my question.
The patient had a (probably) benign pituitary neoplasm removed by my doctor. An ENT did the transnasal open and close, as well as revision of a septal defect. He did dictate his own note, specific to what he did. He did not assist on the primary procedure.
Since the two doctors did completely different surgeries, is this an instance in which I will use a -62 cosurgeon modifier?
Thank you for any help.

Are both physicians billing out the same procedures/CPT? if yes, then you would use the modifier 62 if they aren't then you wouldn't use the modifier.

One of our pregnant patients needed her appendectomy. The general surgeon only agreed to do the surgery on our patient if our OB/GYN was in the surgery room. How can I bill for his time in the surgery when he didn't have to do anything?

thanks

One of our pregnant patients needed her appendectomy. The general surgeon only agreed to do the surgery on our patient if our OB/GYN was in the surgery room. How can I bill for his time in the surgery when he didn't have to do anything?

thanks

Look at code 99360 in the E/M section; it is for Stand-by Services. Not sure if this fits your situation, but might be a starting point. There is a paragraph of instructions with the code you'll have to read over to make sure your OB qualifies to bill this.

Hope this helps!