Wiki Code for finding on venous ultrasound

Charlescoder

Best answers
The following conclusion is quoted from a lower extremity ultrasound: "Tiny few millimeter focus mid-superficial femoral vein noncompressible compatible with a venous disease of uncertain age." I've had no luck in the ICD-9-CM manual in "findings," "abnormal," or "disorder." I am new and would appreciate any insights to properly code this. Many thanks.

The following conclusion is quoted from a lower extremity ultrasound: "Tiny few millimeter focus mid-superficial femoral vein noncompressible compatible with a venous disease of uncertain age." I've had no luck in the ICD-9-CM manual in "findings," "abnormal," or "disorder." I am new and would appreciate any insights to properly code this. Many thanks.

Go to Disease, vein ( venous ) 459.9, Unspecified circulatory system disorder

Compatible with venous disease can't be coded – that's considered an uncertain diagnosis (for physicians and outpatient hosp.). Either use the clinical indication or something like 793.9

Compatible with venous disease can't be coded – that's considered an uncertain diagnosis (for physicians and outpatient hosp.). Either use the clinical indication or something like 793.9

Correct; however, the phrase, ""Tiny few millimeter focus mid-superficial femoral vein noncompressible . . . " was the jist of the coding question. Thanks for the input.