Wiki code for weight management again

encomma-watson

Networker
Best answers
I work for an internist office. He sees pt for weight loss as well as other internal medicine needs. He is billing a 99213-99215 or 99203-99205 along with physical therapy code 92567, which the practice administrator calls if Lifestyle Modification Counseling (I don't have my book with me today). The practice administrator says that it is ok to bill with the PT code. I beg to differ and would like to know if I can use an E & M Code with a 99401 ( which is a counseling code with modifer 59). Please help!!!

Are you sure it is 92567 he is billing? That is a code for tympanometry. 99401 is a preventive counseling code and may or not be covered by the patient's carrier. There are nutritional counseling codes like 97802. With out the documentation it is not easy to advise. However you cannot take a code and then call it something else that better suits your needs

97530 being used for Lifestyle Counseling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------:confused:

I need help with this one. My boss insist that I use 97530 (which is clearly physical therapy code) for Lifestyle Counseling after doing a 93720 (Total Body Plethymography). Medicaid of NC clearly states that the provider is not able to performed 97530. Can anyone out there help me. I am tired of writing these off.