Wiki Coder needed

KMCFADYEN

Expert
Best answers
Very busy multi-specialty Medical Billing Office is seeking a Certified Medical Coder. Experience is preferred but not necessary. Hours Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30 (some overtime may be required), vacation and holiday package. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send me a message with your resume if you are interested.
Our company is in Roanoke and while we currently offer semi-remote coding after a probationary period, all coders must come in daily at designated time for drop off and pick up, spend one designated day in the office, as well as attend all staff meetings (hence the "semi").

coder position

Harold Johnson
100 St. Nicholas Ave. #4E
New York, NY 10026
(212) 865-7383
(917) 532-5458
jereljohn33@yahoo.com

January 7, 2014

Dear Hiring Manager,

I am inquiring about the Medical Biller/Coder position. I am interested in working and learning more about your company. I believe that I am the best candidate for this position I have 1 year of studies with medical billing where Im seeking my certification currently. I am looking to enhance my knowledge in this field to be the best medical biller in the practice. I also have three years of experience working in the medical field here at Sinai, I work well with others as well as independently, I am detail oriented, very dependable plus I have great organizational and communication skills.

I appreciate the opportunity to tell you more about my work experience credentials and how my skills set could contribute to the successful day-to-day running of your company.

Thank you in advance for your time and interest.

Respectfully Yours,

Harold Johnson

Enclosure

Harold Johnson
100 St. Nicholas Ave #4E
New York, N.Y. 10026
(917)532-5458
jereljohn33@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE
To procure a challenging and responsible position in which prior professional experience, skills, and a commitment to excellence will be utilized to their fullest potential.

EDUCATION
Monroe College, Bronx, NY
Bachelors of Science in Business Management, June 2006

EXPERIENCE
Mount Sinai Medical Center (FPA), New York, NY
Patient Coordinator June 2010 ? Present
? Administrative work for various departments throughout the hospital.
? Scheduled procedures such as pulmonary function test, endoscopies, colonoscopies etc.
? Obtains authorization from insurance companies for procedures.
? Advanced knowledge of I.D.X and epic operating systems where I navigate thru patient information, schedule appointments, refill medications and scan documents into the patients chart.
? Conduct insurance verification for various practices inside/outside as well as billing inquiries.
? Received, sorted and delivered mail of different size packages within the practice.

The Children?s Village Yonkers, N.Y.
Counselor March 2008 ? June 2009
? Monitored boys ages 12 ? 18 years old.
? Conducted skill sessions, field trips, sports and various activities.
? Help them learn hygiene such as staying clean, cleaning up their room, cooking, and chores.
? Update the kids profile daily with reports based on listening and productivity as well as assisting in homework assignments.

Dept. of Motor Vehicle New York, N.Y.
Adjudication Service April 2007 ? May 2008
? Receive and respond to customer complaints.
? Enter customers' transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
? Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
? Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
? Handled $1,500 ? $4,000 daily.

COMPUTER SKILLS
 Keyboarding skills (45 wpm)
 Excellent oral and written communication skills;
 Microsoft Excel, Words, Windows, Power Point, Access, & Spreadsheet application.
 Great interpersonal and leadership skills
 Excellent Analytical abilities

CERTIFICATES
Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology, IDX billing/Scheduling, ICD9 coding, CPT coding

References Available Upon Request