Wiki Coder-ultrasound guidance code

labremer

New
Best answers
Could someone tell me what ultrasound guidance code they use for an embryo transfer 58974? I was told I could maybe use 76942 and this includes a localization device. I'm not certain that the ova catheter that they insert into the uterus is considered a localization device. It's explained to me that the nurse uses the transducer to help the physician guide the catheter through the vagina into the uterus to release the embryo. Thank you.

Ultrasonic Guidance Procedures

CPT®

76930-76965 - Ultrasonic Guidance Procedures

76940 - Ultrasound guidance for, and monitoring of, parenchymal tissue ablation

76965 - Ultrasonic guidance for interstitial radioelement application

76950 - Ultrasonic guidance for placement of radiation therapy fields

76946 - Ultrasonic guidance for amniocentesis, imaging supervision and interpretation

76948 - Ultrasonic guidance for aspiration of ova, imaging supervision and interpretation

76932 - Ultrasonic guidance for endomyocardial biopsy, imaging supervision and interpretation

76930 - Ultrasonic guidance for pericardiocentesis, imaging supervision and interpretation

76945 - Ultrasonic guidance for chorionic villus sampling, imaging supervision and interpretation

76941 - Ultrasonic guidance for intrauterine fetal transfusion or cordocentesis, imaging supervision and interpretation

76942 - Ultrasonic guidance for needle placement (eg, biopsy, aspiration, injection, localization device), imaging supervision and interpretation