Wiki Coder Wanted: Pediatric E/M Coder (remote)

jschmutz

Guru
Best answers
Hi Fellow Coders,

I am a coding manager with Aviacode and I am looking for coders with Pediatric E/M coding experience.

Reports to: Coding Supervisor
Employment Status: Remote Contracted Position

Skills and Qualifications:
  • CPC Certified (or some other equivalent)
  • Commitment of a MINIMUM of 10 hours a week
  • Pediatric E/M Experience (inpatient, outpatient, ER, and clinic)
  • Ability to discern the difference between an outpatient consult and an inpatient admission in the ER
  • Ability to recognize surgical global periods in any setting
  • Know and understand teaching guidelines
  • Bonus if you have additional experience with immunizations, hearing tests, vision screenings, breathing treatments, etc.

About this position:
This client is a pediatric group that see's patients in a teaching hospital and in a clinic setting. I am looking for someone that can code all aspects of their E/M visits.

If you meet or exceed the qualifications and experience listed above then please send an email to jennifer.schmutz@aviacode.com using the subject header, "Pedicatric E/M Coder - YOUR NAME" and in the body of the email please tell me about your experience coding and educating providers on these types of claims.

Background on Aviacode:
Aviacode is a coding company who uses expert coders who can maintain a 95% coding accuracy. We code for physicians, hospitals, and ASC's in their system via VPN, or on our own coding platform called Procoder. Procoder allows clients to send their medical records, op-reports, visit notes, etc., to us, to then be coded by us on our coding platform. After the reports are coded (and checked by a quality assurance supervisor) the coding results are sent back to the client either electronically where they are automatically entered into the clients system, or manually where the client will then manually enter them into their system.