Wiki coder's specialty guide 2024: Pathology/Laboratory

Lucy071789

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has use the pathology guide an if you would recommend it?

thank you

Hello Lucy071789,
That is a great question. Back in November they had a really fantastic deal on this pathology book set and I was "on the fence" whether or not to purchase or not.
I had it in my AAPC cart and the AAPC reached out to me to ask if I needed assistance with my purchase. Unfortunately, I did end up not purchasing the set at that time.
Neoplastic processes have seriously been my area of study/focus the past quarter of the year, and felt I needed to spend my funds on different resources.
Again, not that I feel that this set of resources would not be ideal in any manner. I am unsure what information you are looking for here??
I am wondering if you reached out to them (member success) if they would be kind enough to give you a "demo" before you purchased the set?
I just thought providing some insight and offering some advice (it may be worth a phone call to them?).
Thanks for listening,
Dana

Hello Lucy071789,
That is a great question. Back in November they had a really fantastic deal on this pathology book set and I was "on the fence" whether or not to purchase or not.
I had it in my AAPC cart and the AAPC reached out to me to ask if I needed assistance with my purchase. Unfortunately, I did end up not purchasing the set at that time.
Neoplastic processes have seriously been my area of study/focus the past quarter of the year, and felt I needed to spend my funds on different resources.
Again, not that I feel that this set of resources would not be ideal in any manner. I am unsure what information you are looking for here??
I am wondering if you reached out to them (member success) if they would be kind enough to give you a "demo" before you purchased the set?
I just thought providing some insight and offering some advice (it may be worth a phone call to them?).
Thanks for listening,
Dana
Thank you I will definitely reach out to them

Last year, I bought both versions (hard copy and digital) of this book. I use the books as an instructional resource in some of my educational presentations especially those that are path/lab code specific. I love the way it breaks down and simplifies each code. Under each code there are subheadings such as Fee Schedule, CCI Alerts, ICD-10 CrossRef, Clinical Responsibility and Coding Tips. My favorite sections are the Clinical Responsibility and Coding Tips, both sections do a really good job explaining how the test is performed and the intended use of the code. I also have Codify - Complete. When comparing the two resources, a lot of the information is the same in both the book and Codify. If you would like to see a page from the books to show you the layout let me know.

Another great resource I use often is 'Coding Essentials for Laboratories.' published by MedLearn.

Last year, I bought both versions (hard copy and digital) of this book. I use the books as an instructional resource in some of my educational presentations especially those that are path/lab code specific. I love the way it breaks down and simplifies each code. Under each code there are subheadings such as Fee Schedule, CCI Alerts, ICD-10 CrossRef, Clinical Responsibility and Coding Tips. My favorite sections are the Clinical Responsibility and Coding Tips, both sections do a really good job explaining how the test is performed and the intended use of the code. I also have Codify - Complete. When comparing the two resources, a lot of the information is the same in both the book and Codify. If you would like to see a page from the books to show you the layout let me know.

Another great resource I use often is 'Coding Essentials for Laboratories.' published by MedLearn.
Sorry for the late response that was so helpful I will definitely be purchasing those books, I greatly appreciate it :)