Wiki coding Burns ICD-10 Dx difference between reg burn and corrosion burn

Best answers
Hello I am interested if anyone has documentation for the specific burns:
specifically one of the topics was about coding burns and I am interested if you considered “oil” burns to be regular burn or chemical…ie
Examples:
Restaurant worker and oil vat explodes or they spill oil when transferring to clean out—is this “corrosion/regular burn code?”
Person cooking at home and can of non-stick cooking oil explodes –is this corrosion/regular burn?
Oil drum at factor over heats and explodes hitting person, is this corrosion/regular burn?

From the guidelines and articles I have found:
Sunburn –stands alone with L55 codes
Regular Burn =thermal burn including: fire, hot appliance, electricity, radiation
Corrosions = Chemicals including: hair dyes, e-cigs exploding in pocket etc, bleach, cleaning products, lye,

Oil I am on the fence about and would appreciate any insight that you might have on this issue.

I would think regular burn. Its not the oil itself that is causing the burn, Its the heat of the liquid causing the burn. I wouldn't code it any different than being scalded by hot water. I would think of chemical/corrosive to be something that burns regardless of temperature.