Wiki Coding Clinic and CPT Assistant

jerijoa

Best answers
I'd like to understand more about Coding Clinic and CPT Assistant. Can anyone know a way to catch up on the information in these two resources? I've looked into them a little bit, and it looks like CPT Assistant costs vary, up to $199 a year. I suppose that includes archived issues? Is there another way for us to get this information?

I wonder how often Coding Clinic is updated. I see the most recent was April, 2016. Though they are free (I think), I guess we would need to reference them until new coding books are published each year. Is that correct?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this for me!

AHA (American Hospital Association) holds the copyright to the Coding Clinic. Its $375 for 1 year of issues. Its several hundred a year for access of all the archives (not sure if that includes the publications).

AMA (American Medical Association) holds the copyright to the CPT Assistant. The monthly magazine subscription is $149 (AMA Members) or $199 for a year. Its extra for access to the archives. Most encoders only include the archive and you have to look up articled by CPT code.

I really appreciate you making that easy for me to understand. They aren't really financially accessible for someone starting in the field; best to wait for a job that provides them I'm sure. Thank you!

I really appreciate you making that easy for me to understand. They aren't really financially accessible for someone starting in the field; best to wait for a job that provides them I'm sure. Thank you!

Pretty much. I do pay for my own encoder just to make things easier to me but, no way i'm paying for all the extras on my own to benefit my employer. I don't even think the payer I work for has these either. I know I've seen some old CPT Assistant magazines but that is about it.