Wiki Coding Echo Reads/ what DOS?

poppyt

New
Best answers
I generally code the cath and stents for my office and another person was doing the echos. This person is no longer with our practice and I am now doing echos as well. This is a very newbie question but for some reason I can not get my head wrapped around it. On the Echo reads from the hospital what DOS do I use. I feel like it would be the date that it is actually read but then I think how will that work with the modifiers for rounds. I guess actually I wouldn't need a mod on the TC date seeing as we are only doing the read. TIA

Medicare: The technical component is billed on the date the patient had the test performed. When billing a global service, the provider can submit the professional component with a date of service reflecting when the review and interpretation is completed or can submit the date of service as the date the technical component was performed. This will allow ease of processing for both Medicare and the supplemental payers. If the provider did not perform a global service and instead performed only one component, the date of service for the technical component would the date the patient received the service and the date of service for the professional component would be the date the review and interpretation is completed.

Link here.

Medicare: The technical component is billed on the date the patient had the test performed. When billing a global service, the provider can submit the professional component with a date of service reflecting when the review and interpretation is completed or can submit the date of service as the date the technical component was performed. This will allow ease of processing for both Medicare and the supplemental payers. If the provider did not perform a global service and instead performed only one component, the date of service for the technical component would the date the patient received the service and the date of service for the professional component would be the date the review and interpretation is completed.

Link here.
Perfect!! Thank you!!