Wiki Coding Education

lottie66

Contributor
Best answers
I am just looking for some advice for some of you that are coding educators. My new job will include me training the providers on coding and documentation errors. What style or forms of training have some of you used before? Should this include webinars or should I create my own powerpoints on various coding topics? I would just like some suggestions. Thanks!

I am just looking for some advice for some of you that are coding educators. My new job will include me training the providers on coding and documentation errors. What style or forms of training have some of you used before? Should this include webinars or should I create my own powerpoints on various coding topics? I would just like some suggestions. Thanks!

Everybody learns in different ways, some people prefer to read, others prefer to watch a video and hear explanations, etc, so you'll have to keep that in mind. You have to kind of tip-toe when you're addressing providers, so handouts and "proof" documents are your friends. Personally I find face-to-face meetings/training sessions work best because it allows for questions and answers. Providing real-world examples are usually very helpful. I usually keep each session specific to one topic that tends to cause most errors.