Wiki coding experience

Best answers
Hi, I currently work at Santa clara Valley Medical Center in the Denials Management Unit where i have been working for a year. I have my CPC-A and a CMC through Valley Medical Center. I am looking for experience in coding. Anybody have any suggestions. I want to keep my current job. I am willing to volunteer my time to be able to get the work experience.

Re:experience

Did you try sending your resume to HR, or inquire if there is an open position where you work. It's a step in the right direction.

Good luck.

Vanessa Nicholas,CPC

hello, I would definitely talk with the Medical Records Director at your hospital for any open positions. Generally, coding positions would be advertised and classified under HIM, if I am correct (because that is where I am at now). With your certification, I would say that the HIM Management would definitely appreciate the willingness for you to volunteer. In today's economy and job competition, you have to do what it takes to take that lead, provided that you are willing to take on extra duties. I have also been a Lead in Denials Management and I guarantee that with the knowledge of both billing practices and coding policy, you definitely will gain that upper hand. thanks and good luck.

Coding Experience

Hi, I currently work at Tufts Medical Center in the Denials , where i have been working for a year. I have my CPC-A . I am looking for experience in coding. Anybody have any suggestions. I want to keep my current job. I am willing to volunteer my time to be able to get the work experience.