Wiki Coding for Legally blind in one eye

Best answers
I am trying to code a chart and one of the diagnoses is that the patient is legally blind in his left eye, the right just states he had cataract surgery. What would be the best code to use? When I look it up, it gives different categories which are unknown. Should I just use Legally blind as defined in the USA (H54.8)? Or does that cover only both eyes? Thank you in advance for any help.

I am trying to code a chart and one of the diagnoses is that the patient is legally blind in his left eye, the right just states he had cataract surgery. What would be the best code to use? When I look it up, it gives different categories which are unknown. Should I just use Legally blind as defined in the USA (H54.8)? Or does that cover only both eyes? Thank you in advance for any help.
Coding guidelines state if "blindness" or "low vision" in one eye is documented but the visual impairment category is not documented, assign code H54.6-, unqualified visual loss, one eye. If the patient had cataract surgery for example having his cataract removed you could use Z98.41 (cataract extraction status).