Wiki coding measurements

Best answers
new to derm coding
wound measures 29 x 16 x 20 mm and i correct in (16+20= 36mm) 29 + 36 = 65 mm = 6.5 cm
it get so darn confused with this type of scenario
thank you

There's insufficient info here to be able to guide you. You need a sq cm measure, which would be length x width, but when the provider documents three measurements like this, we would need to know which measure is width, length and depth. You would not use the depth of the wound to calculate the size.

Assuming that 16 is the depth (since depth is usually the smallest), I would guess that the wound size is 29 x 20 mm. You'd have to convert to cm, so it would be 2.9 x 2.0, so the final measurement would be 5.8 sq cm.

There's insufficient info here to be able to guide you. You need a sq cm measure, which would be length x width, but when the provider documents three measurements like this, we would need to know which measure is width, length and depth. You would not use the depth of the wound to calculate the size.

Assuming that 16 is the depth (since depth is usually the smallest), I would guess that the wound size is 29 x 20 mm. You'd have to convert to cm, so it would be 2.9 x 2.0, so the final measurement would be 5.8 sq cm.
thank you, your explanation helped