Wiki Coding of chronic conditions question, No "MEAT" Required??

Best answers
Please confirm that this still applies

the following conditions can be coded from any place in the chart.
1. DM
2. COPD
3. CHF
4. A-Fib
5. MS
6. Hemiplegia
7. RA
8. Parkinsonism

Hi
From my understanding it needs to be noted by the provider saying ongoing chronic conditions of this or that and listed in section of present medical conditions. I d add chronic conditions if related to patient s current problems. I am sure you know some dx. can effect the current health problem. Does your office have protocal of adding the following dx. chronic conditions or Z dx codes encounters if listed in record? Some dx codes should be added such as amputations, hemiplegia, insulin use if the patient suffers with such issues. It adds to the detailed aspect for the payers and increase the risk factor & HCC.
I hope this helps!
Lady T

Hi
From my understanding it needs to be noted by the provider saying ongoing chronic conditions of this or that and listed in section of present medical conditions. I d add chronic conditions if related to patient s current problems. I am sure you know some dx. can effect the current health problem. Does your office have protocal of adding the following dx. chronic conditions or Z dx codes encounters if listed in record? Some dx codes should be added such as amputations, hemiplegia, insulin use if the patient suffers with such issues. It adds to the detailed aspect for the payers and increase the risk factor & HCC.
I hope this helps!
Lady T
perfect, thank you, I am following the coding clinic guidelines and wanted confirmation of my thoughts