Wiki Coding peripheral interventions during heart cath

mshelly87

Best answers
We have a new physician that does peripheral interventions and has done them during a cath. My question is since he is already doing the cath are the catheter placement codes for the intervention billable? I don't want to be missing services but I don't want to be billing for things im not supposed to either. Example our Dr. did a lhc, cors,lv gram then selective angiography of the left subclavian which led to a stent in the left subclavian. What is the correct way to code this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going to an advanced cardiology coding seminar but it's not till December. Help?

Yes, do assign selective catheter placement codes when both cardiac and radiologic services are provided at the same session on the same patient from a single vascular access point.

When the physician is doing a peripheral intervention alone the catheter placement code will be separately billable from the procedure and s/i codes as well.

This isn't like coronary interventions where the catheter placement, s/i are bundled into the code for the coronary intervention.

Hope this helps,
Jessica CPC, CCC

As far as the codes

93510-26
93555-26
93556-26
75960-26

I'm sure these codes will be bumping against CCI edits and will have to check CCI.

Jess what about the selective left subclavian angiogram? From what I understand with perpiheral coding I would bill for this as it is not bundled into the stent code. Is that correct? Thanks for all your help. shelly