Wiki Coding: Rh negative

Best answers
Hello,

I've struggled an inner battle if I am properly coding for, pregnant with antibody negative / Rh negative (and was given Rhogam).

I've always used O36.0130 Maternal care for anti-D [Rh] antibodies and still doubt myself because after reading a few descriptions on rhesus, the way the code is described in the ICD-10 confuses me or vise versa.

Please share your experience.

Thank you!
Marissa

Hi Marissa,

Do you have access to t he AHA Coding Clinic?

Codes in category O36, Maternal care for rhesus isoimmunization, are not appropriate since the patient does not have isoimmunization. Prophylaxis is being given to prevent isoimmunization. You aren't the only person who confuses this. Been there myself.

Here is a couple of CClinics for you;
3rd QTR 2015 Page: 40 Effective with discharges: October 7, 2015
4th QTR 2014 Page: 17 Effective with discharges: December 31, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy Coding!

Hi Marissa,

Do you have access to t he AHA Coding Clinic?

Codes in category O36, Maternal care for rhesus isoimmunization, are not appropriate since the patient does not have isoimmunization. Prophylaxis is being given to prevent isoimmunization. You aren't the only person who confuses this. Been there myself.

Here is a couple of CClinics for you;
3rd QTR 2015 Page: 40 Effective with discharges: October 7, 2015
4th QTR 2014 Page: 17 Effective with discharges: December 31, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy Coding!

This is great information!

I do not have access to AHA Coding Clinic, I did visit their website and find it would be a great tool especially that I am still new to coding and understand this field grows constantly.

I truly appreciate your time and sharing your knowledge.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Marissa

This is great information!

I do not have access to AHA Coding Clinic, I did visit their website and find it would be a great tool especially that I am still new to coding and understand this field grows constantly.

I truly appreciate your time and sharing your knowledge.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Marissa
You are welcome Marissa

Email tippyran@yahoo and I will send to you the the citations.