Wiki Colorectal surgery questions

Coder1982

New
Best answers
Hello,

I need help coding a colorectal report. This is not usually my area of coding, so I am totally stuck. Here is what I have. I will try to upload the entire op report also.

1. Ileostomy takedown
2. Hartman closure
3. Extensive lysis of adhesions
4.Removal of abdominal wall scar
5. Creation of loop ileostomy
6. Rigid proctoscopy

Thank you on advance!

Last edited:
Hello - If these were performed as open procedures, the codes are 44626 for ileostomy takedown with Hartmann closure, 44310 for creation of loop ileostomy, and 45300 for rigid proctoscopy. You cannot unbundle lysis of adhesions from 44626. I'm not sure about the removal of abdominal wall scar without more information. If these were performed as LAP procedures, the codes are 44227 and 44187. Hope this helps!

Hello - If these were performed as open procedures, the codes are 44626 for ileostomy takedown with Hartmann closure, 44310 for creation of loop ileostomy, and 45300 for rigid proctoscopy. You cannot unbundle lysis of adhesions from 44626. I'm not sure about the removal of abdominal wall scar without more information. If these were performed as LAP procedures, the codes are 44227 and 44187. Hope this helps!

This helps so much, thank you. Do you know if I will need modifiers 51 or 59 by any chance?