Wiki Compliance Officer Consultant Charges?

agrebiner

Best answers
Help please!

I am looking to start consulting as a Compliance Officer.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on a fair charge amount for my services?

Such as an overall risk assessment consult maybe and developing a compliance plan and even staying on as the compliance officer - like a small monthly charge or up front charge?

Help please!

I am looking to start consulting as a Compliance Officer.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on a fair charge amount for my services?

Such as an overall risk assessment consult maybe and developing a compliance plan and even staying on as the compliance officer - like a small monthly charge or up front charge?

Is this a new venture for you or have you done something similar before? I'm only asking because the more experience you have, the more "valuable" you are. Are you going to be doing this as an outside contractor?

IMO, you need to make sure you play your cards right. I know of a few shady facilities in my state who hire outside contractors short-term, take the ideas and info from the contractor, and then just hire someone from the outside to do the job giving them all the information the contractor had provided at a cheaper rate.

First and foremost, get a contract in place. Second, I would set up an agreement for at least 6 months, if not 12, because it truly would take that long to evaluate for problems, review those problems, develop strategies to address those issues, and then implementation of any changes needed. I think you have a right to request an upfront payment for at least part of the contract's duration. I suggest researching the facilities in your area to see how much they pay for similar positions. (In the facility I work for, the starting pay is $55,000 annually for entry level).

Ultimately you have to prove you're worth it to get in the door and then prove you know how to do the job while you're in it to see if you can get hired-on.