Wiki Compliance Officers

Griffith_Tiffany

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Hello,
I am looking to add a few credentials and am stuck as to where to go, what would be most beneficial I currently have CPC, CPMA, CCC I am needing someone to weigh in as how healthcare is changing what would be most beneficial getting my compliance officers cert or going for risk adjustment. I myself think that CPMA, CPCO and CRC kinda overlap. So if some one could weigh in on this I would appreciate it :)

Thank you
Tiffany Griffith, CPC, CPMA, CCC

I hear from my other Compliance friends that the CCS and CHC are pretty useful to get. I haven't gotten either, so I cannot speak from personal experience.

Good luck!

Hello,
I am looking to add a few credentials and am stuck as to where to go, what would be most beneficial I currently have CPC, CPMA, CCC I am needing someone to weigh in as how healthcare is changing what would be most beneficial getting my compliance officers cert or going for risk adjustment. I myself think that CPMA, CPCO and CRC kinda overlap. So if some one could weigh in on this I would appreciate it :)

Thank you
Tiffany Griffith, CPC, CPMA, CCC
The issue is that certifications will only get you so far. You really need an advanced degree. A lot of Chief compliance officers are JDs but an MHA or MBA helps you understand the business and healthcare side. Another degree becoming popular is a Juris Master in Compliance law. Basically legal training for non lawyers. Good luck.