Wiki computerized Exams

Best answers
AAPC has brought out their own coding software, which is great considering most coders already use an electronic medical coder in their everyday coding. So, when will AAPC provide electronic certification exams or post-certification exams, such as the ICD10 Competency online exam that was very easily administered. Why does AAPC continue to administer written exams which require tedious searching through several large coding manuals, that are rarely used in offices due to the availability of electronic coding software. It seems to me that administering electronic exams would be a better use of time saving methodology and resources in this day and age of tremendous costs in the healthcare industry. WHY DO WE STILL USE PAPERBACK MANUALS AND WRITTEN TESTING IN THIS DAY OF ELECTRONIC SOFTWARE AVAILABILITY FOR VIRTUALLY ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT WANT? Surely AAPC could still profit from electronic software in lieu of the loss of revenue from a multitude of paperback manuals. I would appreciate any feedback or comments on this subject. Thanks so much!

Computerized Certification Exams

I have wondered why AAPC certification exams are not computerized? Does anyone know if they will be in the future?
Thanks,

I have wondered why AAPC certification exams are not computerized? Does anyone know if they will be in the future?
Thanks,

Pretty much never at this point ;) AHIMA uses a third party testing center. AAPC uses their chapters and most chapters don't have computer access. It allows AAPC to have complete control of the testing process.

The third party testing companies are the worst. The ones running it for AHIMA cant ever get straight what references are allowed, screwing people over by disqualifying books that are allowed on exams.