Wiki concious sedation

alices

Guru
Best answers
can someone please help , I code for both profee and facility side of the ER, so if my ER Dr's do concious sedation and it is less than 30 minutes can I still charge the sedation meds on the facility side?. thank you, alice

can someone please help , I code for both profee and facility side of the ER, so if my ER Dr's do concious sedation and it is less than 30 minutes can I still charge the sedation meds on the facility side?. thank you, alice

The general rules regarding time-based codes apply; you need more than 50% of the time requirement (a minimum of 16 minutes) to code CS (99143, 99144, 99148 and 99149). The time starts with the administration of the sedation agent(s) and ends at the conclusion of personal contact by the physician performing the sedation. If you are unable to meet the time for the facility side to assign CS, you can bill the injection administration.

re-concious sedation

thank you both for the help, i am truly sorry for not answering back i did see the answers then I got side track..thank you and have a great day..alice