Wiki Conjunctivachalaisis Surgery

briansmith99

Networker
Best answers
Hi There,

This is not a common treatment in our practice so I am looking for advice on the CPT code for this procedure.

We did this in the office and a low temp cautery was used to constrict conjunctiva on the right eye. The procedure was presented to me as 'conjunctivoplasty' but all the procedures I saw listed (68320-68330) were much more extensive (involving grafts) and none listed use of cautery in treatment. As such I am leaning towards 68135 Destruction of Conjunctival lesion.

Hints?

Hi There,

This is not a common treatment in our practice so I am looking for advice on the CPT code for this procedure.

We did this in the office and a low temp cautery was used to constrict conjunctiva on the right eye. The procedure was presented to me as 'conjunctivoplasty' but all the procedures I saw listed (68320-68330) were much more extensive (involving grafts) and none listed use of cautery in treatment. As such I am leaning towards 68135 Destruction of Conjunctival lesion.

Hints?

I am leaning more toward 67922 Repair of entropion; thermocauterization, but you don't list your diagnosis, so this may be a leap.

David Keown, CPC