Wiki Conscious Sedation question

dzanoni

Best answers
My doctor has started doing his own arteriograms and wants to charge for conscious sedation. After getting more details from him, a nurse starts the IV and gives the drugs per his order and he supervises. I've never coded for this before and need to know if the conscious sedation code of 99144 would work. There is no pricing for it on the Medicare fee schedule and after further research it would appear that even if there is a code for it, they won't cover it. Does anyone out there code for this? If so, would you feel like sharing that information with me? I would greatly appreciate any comments on this subject.

Thanks in advance! :confused:

Same doubt

In interventional radiology did i need to code concious sedation iam also having the same doubt please help, if i code also it get denied,in which senario i have to code conscious sedation.

Hai,
Go to Appendix G in CPT book you could find a list of codes that includes concious sedation within itself & you cannot bill with them separately even though physician documents it, as it is part of those procedures. For others you could bill it if it is performed by the same physician in non facility setting