Wiki Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)

aamberj

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

I am newly CPC-Certified this December 2014, and under next steps after getting certified, AAPC informed me that I need to get 24 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) finished by April 2016 to maintain my certification. I was wondering, what kind of CEUs (any specific subjects that are required?) or just subjects we choose ourselves? AAPC had a list of Approved CEU Vendors -- is Laureen Jandroep from CodingCertification.org one of them? I'd like to try Ms. Jandroep's Webinars. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
- Ariel Johnson
Certified Professional Coder (CPC)

CEU's

Congrats to both of you for passing your certifications. :) You can also check out the following websites for FREE CEU's. I've use these websites since I was certified 5 years ago.

Novitas (Medicare JMac Administrator)
www.novitas-solutions.com (Look for under Education. You will need to register with the Learning Center for access)

Navicure - Electronic Claims Clearinghouse
www.navicure.com (look under Learn from Us tab)

ZirMed - Electronic Claims Clearinghouse
www.zirmed.com (look under Resources tab)

Most are offered during lunch hours and include handouts to download for future reference.

Melinda Winters MLT (ASCP, HEW) CPC

Continuation Education Credits

Hi Ariel,
Congratulations on your recent achievement! Feels great I earned my CPC in March of this year. You can earn CEU's by attending local Chapter meetings. Also you can go to Resources/Publications/Healthcare monthly magazine. Read the magazine and test yourself; each test earns you 1CEU.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Sherine Shah, CPC-A

Thanks for the information on Laureen, and congratulations on passing your exam, too! I know, she is a great teacher -- I used her Blitz DVDs. ;)

Sherine, thank you! Good job on your March CPC certification. Thanks for the tips on earning CEUs -- I'll have to try the Chapter meetings and the magazine quizzes. ;) - Ariel

I know at one time there was a chart on the AAPC website that showed how many credits each CMS course was worth depending on how long it was but I can not find it now does anybody know where it has disappeared to or how many credits the CMS course are worth now.