Wiki Contract coding advice

LaToyaBlock

Best answers
hello all,
I am wondering if there are any remote contract coders out there. I have worked contracts for two years and really like the benefits and opportunities, but looking for some advice related to employment with more than one company and having some consistent with work assignments. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

hello all,
I am wondering if there are any remote contract coders out there. I have worked contracts for two years and really like the benefits and opportunities, but looking for some advice related to employment with more than one company and having some consistent with work assignments. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated, thanks!
What questions do you have? I am an independent contractor and work with three companies.

What questions do you have? I am an independent contractor and work with three companies.
Are you working with 3 coding companies at the same time? What kind of production requirement you have to meet? For example, how many charts you have to code within one hour or per day? How your work is audited by management? Do you need to clock in and clock out daily? I'm very interested in remote coding too. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, I have similar questions as Blackhorse but I am interested in how you balance your assignments with several companies- do you typically accept short term (ex. 3-4 month) assignments? Alternate assignments between companies or accept first available? Do you only accept assignments that you want to work (specialty, schedule, etc) or accept what is available? I have been working with one company and just started with a second, it seems to be the best way to avoid long downtime but also will take some planning, I recently waited for two months to be reassigned, now have to choose between offers from both companies. Thank you for anything you can share

Are you working with 3 coding companies at the same time? What kind of production requirement you have to meet? For example, how many charts you have to code within one hour or per day? How your work is audited by management? Do you need to clock in and clock out daily? I'm very interested in remote coding too. Thank you
I code anesthesia and am working with three companies at the same time. I do not clock in/out and do not have a daily production requirement. Instead, I have to code within a 48 hour turnaround for most of the clients I code for. One company audits my cases every quarter and the other two do not.

I go above and beyond for each company.

Thanks for the reply, I have similar questions as Blackhorse but I am interested in how you balance your assignments with several companies- do you typically accept short term (ex. 3-4 month) assignments? Alternate assignments between companies or accept first available? Do you only accept assignments that you want to work (specialty, schedule, etc) or accept what is available? I have been working with one company and just started with a second, it seems to be the best way to avoid long downtime but also will take some planning, I recently waited for two months to be reassigned, now have to choose between offers from both companies. Thank you for anything you can share
I do my best to plan my days to meet the needs of each company. Today, I coded for all three, but that's rare. They are not short term contracts. I work with each company directly and always have work, as I code anesthesia. It's a juggling act, but I've always been able to manage my time. See above for more.

I code anesthesia and am working with three companies at the same time. I do not clock in/out and do not have a daily production requirement. Instead, I have to code within a 48 hour turnaround for most of the clients I code for. One company audits my cases every quarter and the other two do not.

I go above and beyond for each company.
Thanks a lot for your info(y)