Wiki Contract coding query

guamafb@gmail.com

Contributor
Best answers
Can anyone offer any advise or personal experience with being paid by encounter as an independent contractor for The Coding Network, LLC? I declined their offer, but they still want to talk to me. Remote of course is the pro but the cons are no PTO. Etc. it seems like a lateral move fiscally but possibly more challenging work wise. Bored to tears. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I searched the forum and Thank you Twizzle.... from May

“If you currently have a good job with great pay and benefits, I don't know why you would want to look elsewhere.

I understand that sometimes we get locked into tediousness or boredom if our work doesn't stimulate; we all need challenges in our everyday work.....that is how we grow and learn, but to consider a job that has no benefits, could potentially be tedious, and with no 100% guarantee of work every day is a no brainer.

Absolutely stay where you are. Job security is a great commodity.”

Andrew Matheson, LDS.RCS (Eng), CPC, CPMA, CDEO, CRC, CANPC

I agree with @twizzle on this one. Although you might be "bored to tears" at your current job, the grass is not always greener on the other side, when that side comes with no benefits, no PTO, and no future. If you are looking for additional challenges, talk to your manager about your professional development, and express your desire to grow. If they are worth their salt, then they should start or continue your career goals as far as your company allows you to. If that's not an option, perhaps start searching for a better fully benefited job elsewhere. However, although the lure of a remote job teases with freedom and work in your PJs, you will quickly find yourself bored again if that's what you switch over to. And you're now without any benefits whatsoever, except a paycheck.

They say the best time to look for a job is when you don't have to. I would look for jobs that could take you to the next level, or if you want to go with TCN, then I would not do more than part-time at the most.