Wiki COPD Type A code

Hi Tessimo,🫁:)
I d not assume.....list assessment provider has listed in documentation. COPD I read has 4 stages but provider should give you that data in documentaiton. COPD and Emphysema have differ dx codes and differ all together.
Well hope this data helps you a little bit
Lady T🫁

Yes, I realize COPD and emphysema are different codes. I had not found anything specifically on Type A with an associated code. His list documented COPD Type A. Thought I would ask. Thanks Lady T. Have a good day.

Yes, I realize COPD and emphysema are different codes. I had not found anything specifically on Type A with an associated code. His list documented COPD Type A. Thought I would ask. Thanks Lady T. Have a good day.

I would say no, because COPD isn't listed by Type A or Type B in the ICD-10-CM alphabetic index.

However, if possible, I'd suggest talking to your physician and finding out what he means when he says "COPD Type A." If he actually does mean that the patient has emphysema, this could be a documentation improvement opportunity. He may not realize that his chart would have to be coded as "COPD, unspecified" the way he has it documented.

Or, he may tell you that COPD is the accurate diagnosis, and put your mind at ease. Either way, the conversation could be helpful!