Wiki Coracoclavicular Ligament Repair

kellit21

Guru
Best answers
My physician completed an ORIF distal clavicle fracture along with a coracoclavicular ligament repair. I am have a hard time with the ligament repair code. Can anyone help with this?

The patient's fracture was clearly identified. The collateral ligament was found to be quite small but adequate for screw fixation. The patient's clavicle medially was very mobile and was easy to displace in a posterior direction. Dissection was carried in the anteroinferior direction at the level of the fracture site. The patient's coracoclavicular ligaments were found to be primarily avulsed off the coracoid although there was a stump of tissue still adherent care particularly for the more lateral coracoclavicular ligament. Sutures were placed within this remaining ligament in order to allow reapproximation in the subsequent time point. I then performed a careful blunt dissection around the base of the coracoid after confirming all appropriate and relevant landmarks to ensure appropriate placement. Retractors were placed both medial and lateral at the base of the coracoid. An anchor was then placed within the base of the coracoid in standard manner. Please note at this point 1 screw hole which had been kept free for augmentation of the patient's coracoclavicular ligament repair, was then drilled with a 2.8 mm screw. A Houston suture passer was then utilized to bring both limbs of the bone anchor suture up through this. It was then sutured tight appropriately and tied down over an appropriate button within the screw hole of the plate. Sutures were then also secured reapproximating coracoclavicular ligament.