Wiki correct coding?

cpcgal

New
Best answers
Two of us in the office disagree as to how we should code 99214, 11401 and 11402. One says 99214-25, 11402 and 11401-51. The other wants to add the two surgical procedures together and append a 25 modifier to the ov. Which is correct or are we both wrong?

Also when do you charge for 82270. One states when the card is given the other states when the card is returned. Which is correct?

We are both new coders with no prior experience however, we have passed the cpc exam and we have no other experienced coders in the office to rely on for answers when we tend to disagree on codes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It is as Dr. Sanjay states 25 on the OV and a 59 modifer on the lesser excision. You never add the lenghts of the excisions together only repair codes get added together, and you need the 59 modifer to separate the lesser excision from the larger to keep them from being bundled. Remebr the 59 says pay me and the 51 says reduce me!

Thanks to both of you for your reply. I did not think of modifier 59. I looked back thru some study books from coding and it seems whenever there were multiple procedures modifier 51 was usually used.