Wiki corrected claim to Medicare

dragonclawz70

Networker
Best answers
I'm a little confused as to how I should do a corrected claim to Medicare. We accidentally submitted a 99211, I want to void that claim and submit a 99213 and 69210. Would I put the new claim on a HCFA form and do a cover letter explaining what I'd like them to do? Would I put the 99211 on a separate HCFA and circle the charge and write void in box 19? I feel like I heard you shouldn't write anything on the HCFA form for Medicare (like you do when submitting a corrected claim to BCBS). Thank you for any guidance!

Tara

I'm a little confused as to how I should do a corrected claim to Medicare. We accidentally submitted a 99211, I want to void that claim and submit a 99213 and 69210. Would I put the new claim on a HCFA form and do a cover letter explaining what I'd like them to do? Would I put the 99211 on a separate HCFA and circle the charge and write void in box 19? I feel like I heard you shouldn't write anything on the HCFA form for Medicare (like you do when submitting a corrected claim to BCBS). Thank you for any guidance!

Tara
Check your local Medicare provider website they will explain how to send for a correction of claim. I recommend you register for online access to your Medicare provider portal. This will allow you to submit all information and or request on line

Definitely check the website. You shouldn't be writing anything on a HCFA. The correct resubmission code is 6 for corrected claim. This goes in box 22 and then the original claim number goes in the right half of the same box.