Wiki Corrected claim

coder_girl

Best answers
Does any one know where to mark a claim as corrected? I have been putting in in box 19, but I am now getting denied claims as duplicate. Thanks!

What I have found is you have to put the original claim number along with an R for resubmission in box 20 (I think...I don't have a claim form in front of me to tell you for sure but it's above the signature on file boxes)

That way, the carrier can refer back to that claim and see that it is a corrected and resubmitted claim.

I hope this helps

box 20 is for Medicaid resubmissions which I would not use unless the carrier has instructed. First you do need o find out from the carrier if you can submit corrected claims electronically, there are still carriers that cannot adjudicate resubmissions electronically, that means it will need to go paper with the words "CORRECTED CLAIM" written across the top of the claim in bold black. There are still many carriers across the US where this is the way I submit a corrected claim and it works very well. I also always attach a cover letter to explain why the claim was incorrect befor and why it should be paid now with accompanying docuemntation.