Wiki COSC exam - I'm preparing for the COSC exam

kathydaniel

Networker
Best answers
I'm preparing for the COSC exam. Any suggestions? I've taken the AAPC course and was wondering if there's anything else I should do from people who have taken it already.

Thanks!

you mean the course for the cpc test?
the cosc test is about 10 times harder than the cpc....just hope you have experience and manage your time well!

I've already taken and passed the CPC and now I am wanting to take the COSC exam.

I figured it was pretty hard. I have a year's worth of experience in orthopedics and I'm hoping to get some good studying in before I take the test. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions on some quality guides to review other than just relying on the AAPC COSC prep course.

Thanks!

The COSC is very difficult and I would recommend practice coding for any area that you are not familure with. Spine, Hand and Feet were my areas.

I passed with 78% and have 11 years experience. I'm grateful to pass but disappointed in such a low score.

Also think like CPT not like a Payor. That can be difficult if you do front and back end work for your billing. You want to bill to get paid but not necessarily what CPT says is correct.

If you can get some detailed explantion books like Ingenix Coding Companions Upper and Lower (which are allowed in the exam) you can get some great information.

Hope this helps,

Melodie Alery, COSC:)