Wiki COSC EXAM

Best answers
I am considering taking the COSC Exam for Orthopedics. I have been coding Ortho surgeries for about 5 years now. My question is, I do not code spinal surgeries though. Can anyone receommend the best way to study for any spinal surgery questions on the exam. I am planning on purchasing the study guide and practice exams. Would this be enough material to get familier with the spinal surgery part of the exam. Also does anyone know if there are E/M or consult coding on the COSC Exam?
Thank you,
Pamela

As long as you are getting the study guide and workbook you will be fine. I read through the notes on each section of the cpt book pertaining to the test. The workbook will give you a really good base of what to look at.

I am considering taking the COSC Exam for Orthopedics. I have been coding Ortho surgeries for about 5 years now. My question is, I do not code spinal surgeries though. Can anyone receommend the best way to study for any spinal surgery questions on the exam. I am planning on purchasing the study guide and practice exams. Would this be enough material to get familier with the spinal surgery part of the exam. Also does anyone know if there are E/M or consult coding on the COSC Exam?
Thank you,
Pamela
I've been coding orthopedic surgeries for the past eight years. I have never had a spine surgeon in the clinic but I have worked with other coders who got their COSC. There was a lot of spine. Expect E/M as well.