Wiki COSC EXAM

Best answers
Has anyone used the COSC training course? I have the practice exam and the study guide already, which is just about 24 practice cases. This is supposed to give you more to study.
Please let me know thoughts if this helped you for the exam.
Thanks,

I thought the book was a waste of money. The exam was 50 cases which took the full 6 hours. Some of them I had to guess on because there literally wasn't enough time. 35 cases would have been more reasonable for you to read thru and research your codes. Anyway, if you are well-versed in orthopedics you really don't need the study guide.

I have the book and have just started the training. I'm already disappointed in how much E/M coding is in there.

I feel it depends on your level of expertise and experience in coding orthopedics. AAPC states the specialty exams are "Designed for experienced coders, the AAPC's specialty credentials enable coders to demonstrate superior levels of expertise in their respective specialty disciplines." "They allow coders to validate their knowledge in a specialty with unique coding, reimbursement and compliance challenges." If you are already experienced in ortho you shouldn't need the training course in my opinion. And, if you have never coded ortho that may not be the best certification and test for you. The study guide and practice exams are the most helpful in my experience. I have never paid for the actual courses, it seems way too expensive in my personal opinion but may be more relevant if a person is completely new to coding.