Wiki Counting chart work up for telehealth

kathleeng

Guru
Best answers
Does anyone happen to have the link where I can find the documentation stating that CMS does not allow you to count the time that the MA spends doing the chart work up with the patient by audiovisual prior to the doctor taking over the telehealth service? I know I've come across it and it's evident that we can not count this time, but I'm having trouble locating the documentation at this time. I would like to provide it to our physicians.

I have been trying to find similar information regarding the MA. We are trying to have the MA call before they start the audio visual call but becuase in california they are not allowed to complete assements we cannot find anything written alowing the phone interview to colect the CC and social, allergy, medication and any vitals possible. My provider are not billing by time because they telephone visits do not require the history.

It's harder to find what you cannot do, versus what you can do. How many services do you provide that you get to count the MA's time doing anything?

The online digital management services section does say the time begins when the physician (or other qualified health professional) personally reviews the patient's inquiry. Most of the codes in the CPT book are not going to say that unlicensed staff time is not a factor in the code.