Wiki COVID-19 back to work clearance

Best answers
Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me. I work at a convenient care clinic that has gone to all telehealth appointments. We do not test for COVID-19 but have patients being seen who need back to work notes after a positive test at another facility and after their quarantine is done. Would U07.1 still be used as the primary diagnosis for the back to work note or is there a more appropriate one?

If they test positive, they should be receiving a document from their local Health Department telling them how long they are required to quarantine, and when they can return to work. This shouldn't need a doctor's note.

If they test positive, they should be receiving a document from their local Health Department telling them how long they are required to quarantine, and when they can return to work. This shouldn't need a doctor's note.
Completely understand and thank you for your reply but if the patient is seen for this would we still use U07.1?

We are seeing this as well - most are getting tested at COVID testing sites not by us- we will do a return to work/ school note - we use the DX code Z86.16 Personal History of COVID19

Attachments

• 1611665737301.png
    1611665737301.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
We are seeing this as well - most are getting tested at COVID testing sites not by us- we will do a return to work/ school note - we use the DX code Z86.16 Personal History of COVID19
Thank you for your reply. I was thinking the Z86.16 would be more appropriate as well.