Wiki Covid 19 testing

What specific type of test is being performed? Is it a rapid test? Clia waived? A lab test? By "performing the test himself", do you mean start to finish, it stays inhouse and is not sent out to a lab?

If you are sending a test to a lab, you only use 99211 and no other code.
If you are doing everything yourself, you only use the test code. Not clear if 87365 is the right code, hence all the questions.

They (clia waved physician) would send it to a lab, it’s a swab test:

87635: infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [Covid-19], amplified probe technique

If it's just a swab and you're sending it out, you only bill 99211 (if nothing else was done). I posted guidance on this a while ago.

COVID-19 Diagnostic Laboratory Tests: Billing for Clinician Services
Physicians and Non-Physician Practitioners (NPPs): Here are several reminders related to billing for COVID-19 symptom and exposure assessment and specimen collection performed on and after March 1, 2020:
  • Use CPT code 99211 to bill for assessment and collection provided by clinical staff (such as pharmacists) incident to your services, unless you are reporting another Evaluation and Management (E/M) code for concurrent services. This applies to all patients, not just established patients.

CMS and other Commercial payer non-covered the cpt code 87632 (6 to 11 Targets) - 87633 (12 to 25 Target) Respiratory Panle detection of viruses. Can you please guide us which cpt code we can use in place of them 87632-87633.

CMS and other Commercial payer non-covered the cpt code 87632 (6 to 11 Targets) - 87633 (12 to 25 Target) Respiratory Panle detection of viruses. Can you please guide us which cpt code we can use in place of them 87632-87633.

Are you doing the same as the other provider in this thread? Just a swab and send it out? That is not a test, that is a swab. Use 99211. If your question involves a different scenario, I think you would be better served by starting a new thread.

Are you doing the same as the other provider in this thread? Just a swab and send it out? That is not a test, that is a swab. Use 99211. If your question involves a different scenario, I think you would be better served by starting a new thread.
actually its a new thread. can you please guide me how I can start a new thread?