Wiki COVID Booster

tatumroe

Networker
Best answers
From what I read if a patient is coming in for their 3rd dose of the COVID vaccine and it is given as the Moderna, but their two previous vaccines were the Pfizer, that we would report the 3rd dose as 0011A since it was their first dose of Moderna, although their 3rd dose of the vaccine. Can anyone shed some light on this if the 3rd dose is reported as dose 3 regardless of the previous vaccines given or if it is correct that if two doses of Pfizer given and one dose of Moderna, then the claim for the third dose would be reported as dose 1 of Moderna?

From what I read if a patient is coming in for their 3rd dose of the COVID vaccine and it is given as the Moderna, but their two previous vaccines were the Pfizer, that we would report the 3rd dose as 0011A since it was their first dose of Moderna, although their 3rd dose of the vaccine. Can anyone shed some light on this if the 3rd dose is reported as dose 3 regardless of the previous vaccines given or if it is correct that if two doses of Pfizer given and one dose of Moderna, then the claim for the third dose would be reported as dose 1 of Moderna?
I am wondering the same thing. I just looked at the posted link and the only one it has a booster code for is the Pfizer. So if they had 2 pfizer and then get Moderna as their 3rd dose is it coded with 0011A?