Wiki Covid test - DX question

nataliiam

New
Best answers
Quick question -- If provider orders Covid test - U0003 - and gives Dx code U071 and Z20818 - and test result is negative - should we use all dx codes that were given by office or just use the Z20818 - Is U071 used for positive DX for Covid ? I am confused - Please help me

U07.1 would not be appropriate as they are not positive, guidelines state this should only be used for confirmed cases. I also don't believe that Z20.818 would be appropriate "Contact with and (suspected) exposure to other bacterial communicable diseases" wouldn't be suitable for Covid, guidelines state that Z20.822 "Contact with and (suspected) exposure to COVID-19" should be used.
Hope this helps!

U07.1 would not be appropriate as they are not positive, guidelines state this should only be used for confirmed cases. I also don't believe that Z20.818 would be appropriate "Contact with and (suspected) exposure to other bacterial communicable diseases" wouldn't be suitable for Covid, guidelines state that Z20.822 "Contact with and (suspected) exposure to COVID-19" should be used.
Hope this helps!
Thank you!