Wiki COVID testing codes

ssevans78

Best answers
I need help for coding for rapid covid in office test without a machine, our tests are just the cassettes that we ready. Then we have the rapid covid test also that is combined with the flu a&b, so need help with that code as well.
Thanks in advance

Hi
When a patient comes for the COVID test I put J39.8 Upper Resp dx or J10 as primary dx linked with COVID lab test CPT. Then add last dx Z11.52 Encounter for checking for COVID when using lab codes. Also if pt. got the COVID cooties again then put dx Z86.16 of Past HO of Covid if retesting or use dx code U09 which is 2nd time the pt. has the COVID cooties. :confused: Or if pt has been around folks with Covid use dx code of Z20.828 code. i hope this is what you are wanting to know.
Have a good day!
Lady T:)

I need help for coding for rapid covid in office test without a machine, our tests are just the cassettes that we ready. Then we have the rapid covid test also that is combined with the flu a&b, so need help with that code as well.
Thanks in advance
I work in the primary care department and the rapid COVID testing we bill is 87426 and the COVID, flu A, and flu B test that we bill is 87428.