Wiki COVID vaccine -BCBS

TriumpHealth

Best answers
We are very recently having issues getting the COVID vaccine administration billed the same a couple of months ago and these were denied. Has anyone else seen this issue and resolved?

Good morning, Can you give us some examples? CPT codes, DX and the denial code..
And No we have not had any issues getting reimbursed for the COVID vaccine administration. :)

91301 - Z23
0011A - Z23

Denial code is OA18, which I know is denied as duplicate, but when I chat with BCBS on Availity, they told me it is not a duplicate and the denial is this message:
Actually, our system shows claim was denied close out for reprocessing or miss routed. However, I do show there was an inquiry sent to the home plan on 06/02/2021 stating, The anthem update contains a COVID-19 vaccine charge with pricing greater than $0.The federal government is paying for the COVID-19 vaccine. We are unable to limit payment to $0 for the vaccine because your plan sent pricing. Please review your plans pricing for the vaccine and send corrected pricing showing $0 allowance. And on 06/09/2021 home plan responded stating, per Melinda Avila, we have been given permission to close this general inquiry while our plan investigates these concerns for possible new anthem update.