Wiki CPC-A, Hard Working, Fort Worth Metroplex Area

suesonnel

New
Best answers
Dear Medical Staffing Representative,

Thank you for the opportunity to submit my resume for consideration as a member of your facility. In addition to this written document, I would like to add a few comments which may affect your thoughts on my candidacy.

Approximately one year ago, I made a decision to enter a field which I felt would be more in line with my natural abilities than the field I had previously spent my career in. The beginning of the Great Recession enabled me to make this difficult mid-life transition from a full-time financially-successful career to a period of training and development in my new endeavor. Although I plan to continue career development through on-going education, I am now well equipped with the initial training to enter this market, and provide an employer with quality work.

My work history and past success supports the true qualities necessary for any position – tenacity, self-motivation and self-discipline, and a willingness to learn from others who have gone before me. Regardless of the experience, each employer has their own set of operating procedures, thus requiring some training in any new environment. I urge you to look outside of your traditional requirements, and allow me the opportunity to meet with you and discuss my abilities and how I can benefit your business. I am prepared to accept a lesser salary than you would normally pay an experienced employee, in exchange for the opportunity to learn.

With my sincere gratitude, thank you for your time thus far, and your willingness to consider my application for employment.

Lin Livingston, CPC-A
6000 Harrison Way
Watauga, TX 76148
817-281-9310
Lin.Livingston@gmail.com

OBJECTIVE:Utilizing an advanced knowledge of coding and federal regulations, this self-motivated individual seeks to continue professional development within an employer environment, which will impact physician reimbursement and overall compliance.

SUMMARY:
A results-oriented administrator with experience in reporting, planning, data gathering, and support of in-house database applications. Successful history managing client expectations, interfacing with vendors, and working with multiple groups within an organization, An excellent communicator and listener with experience in working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.

EXPERIENCE:
Mediserv, Ft. Worth, Texas January 2010 – February 2010
• Intern - Coding

Professional Development / Career Transition October 2008 - Present
Trailblazer Health Enterprises
Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS)
• Listservs: Registered to receive updates on CMS payment policies, coding changes, CERT audit findings and other regulatory information pertinent to physician coding and reimbursement
• Webinars: Attend multiple web-based seminars, including Evaluation & Management services, consultations, medical necessity and preventive services

American Airlines, Ft. Worth, Texas October 1983 – September 2008
Onboard Products Department - Administrative Staff
• Web security administrator for Airserv and Automated Meal Ordering System (AMOS).
• Create/modify EPR's as a SABRE Create person for HDQ and caterers.
• Gather data, generate reports, and maintain Caterers' Performance Measurement Program.
• Maintain menu grids, schedule entrees/equipment in Airserv (departmental scheduling database).

EDUCATION:Attending: Understanding Health Insurance January - April, 2010
Tarrant County College January – December 2009
• Medical Terminology
• ICD-9-CM
• Advanced CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS Coding
• Accomplishment of AAPC coding certification (CPC)
Teaching Certification for ESL The Laubach Way
Washington High School, Phoenix, AZ