Wiki CPC-A in Reading, PA area

DawnTaddeo

Best answers
I am a CPC-A with over 25 yrs. experience in medical billing and nursing. I am looking for a position either as a remote coder or anywhere near Reading, PA.

My resume is attached.

Dawn E. Taddeo
1744 Rose Street
Reading, PA 19601
610-375-0807
DETaddeo@msn.com

Objective
Detail oriented and quality focused professional with over 25 years of experience in medical administrative support, including medical billing, coding, accounts receivable and office management. I am looking for a challenging role with your company as a professional coder where I can utilize and build on my extensive background in order to become an integral part of your organization.

Experience

Berkshire Allergy & Asthma Center, Inc Wyomissing, PA 1995-present

CPC-A Certified Professional Coder (AAPC)
• Assign codes on all diagnoses, procedures, professional services and supplies using the most accurate and descriptive ICD-9, CPY, HCPCS and E&M codes for all patient encounters to ensure accurate reimbursement
• Chart audits – random & weekly to maintain accuracy of claim filing & reimbursement
• Claim audits – pre and post-payment review for accuracy. Correct any coding errors.
• Provide documentation training and advice to providers in order to reconcile clinical notes with encounter forms for proper code selection
• Conduct training, in-service and other education regarding diagnosis, procedure code assignment, and regulatory requirements to all members of the billing and clinical staff.
• Extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology and disease process stemming from nursing background

Office Manager

• Maintain an efficient and highly organized medical office
• Schedule, coordinate and facilitate monthly staff meetings
• Review daily accounts receivable reports
• Monitor and track accounts receivable to ensure timely payments
• Work closely with practice administrator to review over-all financial health of the practice
• Able to perform duties in both clinical and administration areas
• Indentify and resolve personnel issues
• Conduct employee interviews and evaluations

Insurance Coordinator

• Verify insurance eligibility & benefits
• Review benefits with subscribers and provide estimate of out-of-pocket expenses
• Submit & track all insurance claims using MEDENT software
• Accurate insurance payment posting and identify errors. Correct any errors as they occur
• Maintain fee schedules for multiple payers to assure accuracy of reimbursement
• Collect patient payments and maintain accurate billing records
• Patient collections

LPN
• Competent in all nursing duties associated with the diagnosing and treatment of allergies & asthma, including triage, allergy testing, allergy immunotherapy & pulmonary function studies.

Previous work experience includes:
Medical Billing/Coding : Family Practice, Medical/Surgical
Nursing : Orthopedics, Med/Surg., Emergency Room, ICCU, Nursing Home & Assisted Living,
Endoscopy, Family Practice.

Previous work experience specifics available upon request.

Education

Feb-August, 2011 – CPC Certification Training – American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)

March 1980-June 1981 – Reading Area Community College

March 1977-March 1978 – Reading Muhlenberg Vo-Tech Practical Nursing Progam

June 1971 – Graduate – Reading Senior High School

Licensure/Certifications

Certified Professional Coder (CPC-A)
Licensed Practical Nurse

References Available Upon Request