Wiki CPC-A Looking for experience

Nikancram

Best answers
I am sure there are several new coders out there just like me. The reason I feel you should take a chance on me is because I have an extensive background in anatomy, physiology, medical procedures, dermatology and HIPAA compliance. I have done complex surgeries that require several codes and it was our job to make sure they were correct. In addition I have some experience in applying the correct codes in the system for check out. Currently in the process of completing the AAPC practicode and purchased encoderpro.
I would like the opportunity to show a company that I am a quick learner, set personal goals, am not afraid of a challenge and enthusiastic. I have very little experience, but that could be a plus for the company and the ability to mold me as the company sees best. I also am willing to volunteer or do an internship to show that I do have the will and drive of a hard worker.
I have attached my resume for your review and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position.
Sincerely,
Nicole Parker

Attachments

• Nicole Parker Resume.pdf
    118.2 KB · Views: 63
Hey Nicole, one of the things that I found to be very useful was applying for Billing jobs in small offices. A lot of those jobs prefer people with coding knowledge, but it isn't a requirement. So then you really have an opportunity to out shine your competition. Directly getting a coding job with no experience can be very difficult. For me it felt impossible.

I have just now gotten to the point where people will actually call me back for an interview, but I am about 4 weeks from getting the apprenticed removed my certification. I didn't do the Practicode. I got billing jobs and it was a really good way to learn and get my foot in door. Big Hospitals have a bunch of people and different departments doing Charge entry, Billing, Coding, Denials, etc. But small offices often end up hiring billers to do all of those things. The last couple billing jobs, I had to do it all and it was a great learning experience. Anyways, hang in there. Coders are needed. The jobs are out there. Keep trying and you'll land something.

Oh and I looked at your resume. If you are trying to use it for a coding job, put that certification right near the TOP. Add that certification to your name. That test is hard, and you earned it. And tweak your descriptions for your jobs to highlight applicable Coding knowledge. Anyways, you got this.

Aaron