Wiki CPC-A Looking for remote work (FL)

cbeez555

New
Best answers
Good afternoon! I am posting today in hopes that I can find a way to essentially get my foot in the door to the world of Medical Coding.

My name is Christopher and I am currently based out of Florida. I recently passed my CPC exam and am interested in any remote position that would allow me to begin putting my certification to use. I have worked within the medical field mostly doing clerical work, some billing, some record keeping back when I started my career, but most recently my jobs begun focused on working remotely within the world of finance. I have since decided to enter back into the medical field, and am simply looking for the best way to reach the point where I can put my knowledge to the best use.

I have a wealth of experience in data entry, customer service, and investigation based positions which I feel like will easily transfer from the financial world back to the medical. I am hard working, driven and will always strive to not only meet expectations but exceed them. I simply need the opportunity to prove myself and so that's what brings me here today. I am attaching my resume and am more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for your time in reading this and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day.

Attachments

• Resume (1).pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Honestly, in my experience, most remote coding places want you to have coding experience. You may have better luck obtaining a position in a local office and then move to remote coding after you've gained that experience and are able to lose the "A" off your CPC. Otherwise, you can try applying to like Maxim Healthcare.

Honestly, in my experience, most remote coding places want you to have coding experience. You may have better luck obtaining a position in a local office and then move to remote coding after you've gained that experience and are able to lose the "A" off your CPC. Otherwise, you can try applying to like Maxim Healthcare.

That's the vibe I'm getting as well. Having looked around, it seems that the best method to getting my foot in the door in a remote capacity is through a related position that is more entry level. I've started to apply to a variety of positions, but so far have yet to have much luck there either. Thank you for the advice!

That's the vibe I'm getting as well. Having looked around, it seems that the best method to getting my foot in the door in a remote capacity is through a related position that is more entry level. I've started to apply to a variety of positions, but so far have yet to have much luck there either. Thank you for the advice!
I started out in an outpatient office setting in a more rural community. Honestly, they didn't have much to choose from a pool of candidates, so that REALLY helped me. My first coding position was with an inpatient mental health hospital. I kind of got lucky on that one. The person that hired me was fired 3 months later, and the lady that took his place probably would not have hired me because I wasn't certified yet. She's actually the one person that pushed me to actually go to school for coding and get certified. Now I am a newly hired outpatient coder for the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency, for an Army base in Colorado!!

I started out in an outpatient office setting in a more rural community. Honestly, they didn't have much to choose from a pool of candidates, so that REALLY helped me. My first coding position was with an inpatient mental health hospital. I kind of got lucky on that one. The person that hired me was fired 3 months later, and the lady that took his place probably would not have hired me because I wasn't certified yet. She's actually the one person that pushed me to actually go to school for coding and get certified. Now I am a newly hired outpatient coder for the Department of Defense, Defense Health Agency, for an Army base in Colorado!!

Wow, congratulations on the new job. It sounds like you've really made the most out of your opportunities and it's led to really good things for you. I'm hopeful I'll be able to follow a similar pathway, just about finding the best way to do so.