Wiki CPC-A, RN-Seeking an entry level Medical Coding opportunity in the Houston area

Best answers
CPC-A, RN- Seeking an entry level Medical Coding opportunity in the Houston area

Dear Hiring Manager,
I passed the CPC exam on the first attempt in November, 2017. My background as an RN in both ambulatory care and hospital will help to achieve accurate medical coding.
I am seeking an entry level medical coding job in the Houston area and am confident that my medical background would be an asset to your organization, if given the opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you.

ROSEMARY SCHWENKE, RN, BSN, CPC-A
Magnolia, TX 77355/ RBSCHWENKE@ATT.NET/ 713-806-9165/ www.linkedin/in/rosemaryschwenke
OBJECTIVE: To utilize my diverse experience as an RN in ambulatory care & hospital settings to ensure accurate medical coding.
SKILLS: ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-PCS, EMR (EPIC), documentation that supports diagnosis, Microsoft Office Suite, chart abstraction, strong background in anatomy, physiology, medical terminology & pharmacology, HIPAA
Experience:
TOM SCHWENKE INC, FILTA FRANCHISE OWNER (8/2015- PRESENT)
Assisted with the start-up of a new business. Duties include accounting, payroll, tax forms, scheduling and administrative responsibilities. Experienced at using QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite and Intuit payroll.
KELSEY- SEYBOLD CLINIC- RN (4/2014- 6/2015) & (3/2008- 7/2013)
RN floated to adult medicine, pediatrics, OB-GYN, immunization clinic and specialty areas. Worked at the desk, UR’s, telephone triage, rooming and direct patient care and provided diabetes and New OB education. Experienced at using EPIC. Abstracted patient charts when converting to electronic health records (EPIC).
SADLER CLINIC- RN (7/05- 3/08)
Float RN to multiple clinics in The Woodlands, Conroe and Montgomery County area. Floated to adult, pediatric, OB and specialty areas. Assisted with mixing allergy drops and administering allergy injections. Worked with occupational medicine and traveled to multiple corporations, providing health screening and immunizations and participated in health fairs.
TOMBALL REGIONAL MEDICAL- RN, PACU (5/04- 6/05)
Full time RN in the main recovery room and assisted with helping the OR staff get patients ready for surgery. Most of the patients were requiring in- patient care (gynecology, orthopedic, neurology, general surgery). We provided post procedure care for IVF donors and patients.
EDUCATION:
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, NURSING
Niagara University-Niagara University, New York
RN Coder AACCA online course, May- Oct, 2017- (training in ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS and ICD-10-PCS coding)
RN licensed in the State of Texas- Expires 1/2020
CPC-A, Nov. 2017 (Certified Professional Coder)- AAPC
BLS (CPR) Provider- American Heart Association- Expires 8/2019
Member of American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)- The Woodlands Chapter

Last edited: